|Course||CPED 6557: CPED 6557 Second Language Acquisition - T 5:10-7:00pm, (97147)|
CPED 6557: Second Language Acquisition (SLA) will help students understand the process of learning an additional language and connect language acquisition to teaching second and foreign/world languages.
Three essential questions about second language acquisition will be addressed:
· How do we learn additional languages?
· What factors contribute to variability in language learning?
· How do we become proficient in additional languages?
In exploring these questions, students will examine their own beliefs about second language acquisition in light of theory and research findings. Students will also connect theory and research to classroom instruction for learners of English and/or foreign language.(Fall 2019Traditional)
|Causes||Civic Engagement Community Education|
12 People | 2 Impacts | 33 Hours
Affiliates (2)View All
1. CentroNia works with migrant/immigrant populations https://gwserves.givepulse.com/group/199520-CentroNia
2. City Gate serves immigrant students https://gwserves.givepulse.com/group/6024-City-Gate-Inc.
3. DC Bilingual for volunteer tutoring https://gwserves.givepulse.com/group/215809-DC-Bilingual
4. DC Dream Center they are new to Nashman and offer tutoring https://gwserves.givepulse.com/group/293482-DC-Dream-Center
5. Family Place https://gwserves.givepulse.com/group/199533-Family-Place
6. Latino Student Fund -has weekend opportunities https://gwserves.givepulse.com/group/2854-Latino-Student-Fund
7. Latin American Youth Center https://gwserves.givepulse.com/group/2864-Latin-American-Youth-Center
8. US Dream Academy tutoring opportunities https://gwserves.givepulse.com/group/209491-US-Dream-Academy
Have questions about getting ready to serve or how to start? Check out the student guide to service here: https://serve.gwu.edu/sites/g/files/zaxdzs2966/f/downloads/Student%20Guide%20to%20CES%20AY%2019-20.pdf