Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL) is founded on five pillars: scholarship and intellectual development, service, active leadership, accountability, and community. Many members describe it as a one-stop shopping opportunity for student involvement that complements and adds to their curricular life on campus. By joining a fraternity or sorority, members can be involved with activities that fulfill their diverse interests and help them develop into productive members of society.
Fraternity and sorority members at GW are:
- involved in virtually all other student organizations
- perform thousands of hours of community service
- write for the campus newspapers
- hold leadership positions with the Student Association and Program Board
- participate on the University Hearing Board
- represent Colonial Inauguration Cabinet members
- varsity athletes
- work internships throughout DC
- spend a semester overseas
The GW Fraternity & Sorority Community is unlike any other community in the country. Visit our FSL website and find out about our various councils, how to meet our members, learn about the groups, and see if this is the type of ‘Only at GW' experience you want to be involved in!