|Positions||740 Open Positions Remaining|
|Registration Opens||Till registration closes|
|Registration Closes||Any time before each end date or when space runs out.|
On January 7, 2019, A Wider Circle will open its newest location. In the heart of Shaw and steps from the Metro, our new office, located at 1726 7th Street NW, Washington DC, will be a center of community change emphasizing job and life skills (stress reduction, financial literacy) building programs. We will continue to need volunteers in Silver Spring and Washington Highlands in DC, but we are also actively seeking volunteers to help in our new Shaw office. It will be open Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 am to 5 pm and Saturdays from 10 am to 4 pm; by June 2019, the office will be open five days a week.
If you are interested, please read on. Note - training will be provided.
1. One-to-one workforce volunteers. Help with writing or rewriting resumes, searching and applying for jobs online. We request that folks pick a regular volunteer slot during our open days for a minimum of two hours per week.
2. Greeters and front desk-intake volunteers. Many folks who come in will have questions or seek to understand our offerings. We seek volunteers willing to offer a minimum of 4 hours once per week to sit at the front desk, greet clients and help keep a welcoming presence.
3. Outreach and neighborhood supporters. As we build our presence, we will need to learn more about our neighbors and share information about ourselves and our services. We seek volunteers willing to volunteer in 3-hour periods to visit churches, social service organizations and others in the neighborhood to distribute flyers about our services and involvement opportunities.
4. Community researchers. Clients may come in seeking services that we don't provide. But we don't want to turn folks away. We seek volunteers able to do internet research about other programs, services and community providers on things like rental assistance, food support, youth and after school services and more. We seek volunteers willing to volunteer in 2- to 3-hour periods who are comfortable in Google docs and sheets and internet research.
5. Data entry volunteers. As we work with clients, we would like to track the types of services provided and information about those we serve. We will have online intake tools but will work to have a database of clients. We seek volunteers willing to help in 3- to 4-hour blocks to enter client data and work in the database, run reports and detail our support. Familiarity with databases, internet, Excel, Google forms highly preferred.
1 Position Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours