As part of the GW celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members are invited to participate in a day of service, leadership development, and interfaith dialogue. MLK Day of Service and Leadership is sponsored by the Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement & Public Service, with support from the Multicultural Services Center and the Office for Diversity, Equity, and Community Engagement. Last year, over 1,000 students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members gathered for the opening program with keynote speakers and headed to service sites both on- and off-campus as well as leadership workshops.
- 10:00am-11am: Check-in - Marvin Center Grant Ballroom (800 21st Street NW)
- 11:00am: Opening Program & Keynote Speaker - Lisner Auditorium (730 21st St NW)
- 11:45am: Dismissals and Lunch (On-Campus: Marvin Center Continental Ballroom; Off-Campus: Kogan Plaza)
- 12:30pm-3:00pm: Off-Campus Service 12:30pm-1:45pm: On-Campus Block-One (Workshop OR Mobile Project)
- 1:45pm-3:00pm: On-Campus Block-Two (Workshop OR Mobile Project)
- 3:00pm: Service Ends
Jan 2, 2019 9:00am or when space runs out.
Any minors must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or teacher.
241 Positions Filled | 129 Impacts | 521 Hours