The student will strategically leverage communications platforms to inform multiple audiences (funders, volunteers, clients, the general public) about the needs our organization addresses and the success stories of our programs. Student will leverage skillsets in written communication, design, marketing, and project management.
Partner Organization: Latino Student Fund
The LSF provides opportunities for a strong academic foundation for underserved PreK-12th grade students and their families to promote higher education and professional leadership. The organization provides year-round, out-of-school-time programs for low-income, at-risk students and their families with the goal of increasing levels of educational attainment in the community.
Position Description and Tasks
- Write/create weekly content for organization newsletter/social media, highlighting program success stories and educating the public about community needs and how our organization addresses them
- Create graphic designs for visual content for website, presentation slides, print communications or other branding, selecting and creating images and graphics that communicate the values and aims of the organization
- Create videos to promote organization aims, successes, and needs, or to provide orientation and training to volunteers or other stakeholders
- Design and implement a strategic social media campaign, targeting organization stakeholders, including partners, clients, volunteers, donors, and potential partners
- Gather testimonials, evaluation data, reports, and news articles about issues relevant to the organizational mission for distribution in social media outlets
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Visual communication and design skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work independently
- Passion for our organizational mission and aims
- Attention to detail
- Experience with social media platforms best practice and website content management, social media content production
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively, multitask and meet deadlines with occasional changes of priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively
General Student Expectations
This internship opportunity is for students intending to enroll in the Community Engagement section of BADM 4001 (Fall 2021). See Course Page for more information.
The Fall 2021 semester runs from August 30-December 11th, allowing 15 weeks for service toward project goals. Allowing for on-boarding time, students serving five hours per week will meet the 70-hours of service expected for the course. Orientation, training, and work toward project goals whether completed on or off-site all contribute toward this requirement. Time spent traveling to/from site or completing course reflection assignments does not.