The Welcome Home Reentry Program (WHRP) assists men and women returning to their communities after incarceration by matching them with trained mentors from local parishes and the broader community. Mentors must be at least 25 years old. We are especially looking for men to mentor residents of Prince George's County!
Help someone beat the odds. Become a mentor to someone returning to the community after incarceration.
Learn more, and apply by March 31!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attending scheduled mentor trainings
- Facilitating and supporting mentor relationships
- Helping mentee develop goals for reentry
- Assisting with obtaining employment, housing, mental and physical health care, and substance abuse treatment (Referrals will be provided to the mentee with assistance from the WHRP Coordinator)
- Mentors must be able to serve in Prince George's County, MD
- Mentors must be able to serve for 1 year
- Mentors will serve for 4 hours per month
- March 22 – April 8: Matching Expectations conversation with Catholic Charities staff.
- April 16 – May 1: Attend virtual Volunteer Orientation and complete screenings.
- Early May: Begin volunteering!
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.