As a Volunteer Dental Assistant with Catholic Charities Dental Services, you will be the first to interact and the first to help patients. If you have strong communication skills, enjoy working with your hands as well as your mind and want a fulfilling volunteer experience, this is an excellent opportunity for you. We are looking for volunteers in Temple Hills, Silver Spring, and DC. Spanish-English speakers are especially desired!
Learn more and apply here!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow all infection control procedures in treatment rooms and in the care of instruments
- Sterilize, disinfect and set up dental operatories and instruments
- Review patient’s medical history
- Assist dentist during patient care
- Expose and process dental radiographs as needed
- Prepare specimens for laboratory pick-up and keep a log of cases pending
- Serve as translator and interpreter for dentists who do not speak Spanish
- Provide patient education during patient care, and post patient care
- Schedule preventative maintenance on all dental equipment
- Maintain dental supplies and place orders in an efficient manner
- Document each procedure in the designated log
- Keep the inventory log of instruments
Location & Time Commitment:
- The deadline to apply is March 31.
- 2-3 shifts/month
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.