The student will strategically leverage communications platforms to inform multiple audiences (funders, volunteers, clients, the general public) about the needs our organization addresses and the success stories of our programs. Student will leverage their skill sets in written communication, design, marketing, and project management.
Partner Organization: ArtReach GW
ArtReach aspires to be a cornerstone for community engagement through arts-based work. ArtReach free programs and collaborative projects act as a vehicle for strengthening cross-cultural understanding, activating citizenship, heightening a sense of self-worth, and fostering greater understanding among people and their communities. ArtReach provides a safe and supportive environment where youth and families can make connections between art and their lives.
Position Description and Tasks
· Write/create weekly content for ArtReach newsletters and social media, highlighting ArtReach student success stories
· Create graphic designs for visual content for website, presentation slides, print communications or other branding, selecting and creating images and graphics that communicate the values and aims of the organization
· Create videos to promote organization aims, successes, and needs
· Create orientation and training material for volunteers or other stakeholders
· Design and implement a strategic social media campaign, targeting organization stakeholders, including partners, clients, volunteers, donors, and potential partners
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Visual communication and design skills
· Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work independently
· Passion for our organizational mission and aims
· Attention to detail
· Experience with social media platforms best practice and website content management, social media content production
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively, multitask and meet deadlines with occasional changes of priorities
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Commitment to both a full academic year appointment (fall and spring semester).
General Student Expectations
The Fall 2021 semester runs from August 30-December 11th, allowing 15 weeks for service toward project goals. Allowing for on-boarding time, students serving five hours per week will meet the 70-hours of service expected for the course. Orientation, training, and work toward project goals whether completed on or off-site all contribute toward this requirement. Time spent traveling to/from site or completing course reflection assignments does not.