Intern will support the accounting month-end close process of AEO financials by performing the initial review of AEO financial statements. The intern will also assist with contract review and coordination where needed. The intern will participate in accounting and financial meetings related to recognizing grant and contribution revenue and gain insight of nonprofit financial management and nonprofit accounting.
Partner Organization: ASSOCIATION FOR ENTERPRISE OPPORTUNITY
The Association for Enterprise Opportunity is the leading voice of innovation for microfinance and microbusiness. Our mission is to create economic opportunity for underserved entrepreneurs throughout the United States. We engineer transformational change through research, convening, incubation, and advocacy to foster a robust and inclusive marketplace.
Position Description and Tasks
The Accounting Intern will perform these responsibilities.
- Conduct first round review of monthly close financial reports
- Review contracts and develop renewal schedule
- Participate in meetings related to budgeting and forecasting
- Draft financial summary reports for monthly financials
- A concentration in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field
- Excellent communication skills and experience with both MS Office, Quickbooks and Sage Intacct would be required
General Student Expectations
The Fall 2021 semester runs from August 30-December 11th, allowing 15 weeks for service toward project goals. Students serving five hours per week will meet the 75-hours of service expected for the course. Orientation, training, and work toward project goals whether completed on or off-site all contribute toward this requirement. Time spent traveling to/from site or completing course reflection assignments does not.