Six positions available. Interns will assist a CEC project team in carrying out a semester-long consulting engagement with a nonprofit client.This internship opportunity is for students intending to enroll in the Community Engagement section of BADM 4001: Business Capstone (Fall 2021). See Course Page for more information.
Partner Organization: Community Engagement Consulting at GW
The mission of the Community Engagement Consulting (CEC) is to help students develop greater civic consciousness through collaboration with business leaders and civic leaders, and to help promote positive, lasting impacts on local organizations. By bringing CEC to local community organizations, students can work to implement changes to the organization’s resources, strategic goals, and daily operations. From client meetings and interviews to operational observations, students are encouraged to identify issues, both small and large, faced by community organizations and create an innovation implementation plan to leverage the organization's resources and expand their impact.
Position Description and Tasks
- Research all relevant information about the assigned client site to develop a strategic plan for gathering all needed data to guide the creation of impactful deliverables.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director of the client site to understand the mission of the community organization to properly develop goals for internal operation updates and future expansion plans.
- Host staff interviews, detail daily observations, and collect larger community data to ultimately promote the impact and longevity of the community organization.
- Possess strong critical thinking abilities and the intuition to generate creative, attainable, and enduring solutions for their clients.
- Well-practiced interpersonal communication skills that will aid in client relationship development.
- A passion for making a long-lasting community impact.